COVID-19 Notice - May 15

Update - May 15

To our camp families,

It is with a heavy heart that we must announce the closure of Camp Rotary for the 2020 season. This decision is based on a number of factors, most importantly safety, which has been central in discussions and planning.

At this time there is no safe timeline in order to open up camp and its facilities to host campers. We feel that it is our duty to make a timely decision in the best interest of all those who would be stepping onto our site this year; campers, staff and families.

The dedicated staff of Camp Rotary and Easter Seals New Brunswick will be processing refunds for all payments, but ask for your patience as we do so.

Although we are not hosting camp sessions on site this summer, that does not mean campers will not be able to enjoy some of the activities that Camp Rotary has to offer. We are beginning the planning and implementation of virtual camp activities, weekly live campfires and other online content in which campers and their families can participate.

Along with engaging with campers virtually, we are also using this summer to do renovations and improvements to all of our camp facilities in preparation for the 2021 season.

With all these things planned, we would also like you to consider donating a portion of your

refund back to camp so we can continue doing our work this summer. We would like to extend this also to those who were not able to join us this season; former Camp Families, Camp Staff alumni and even our neighbours in the community. We will need your help for these projects around camp, and we ask you to consider donating as well.

We thank you for your support.

Remember you can leave camp but camp never leaves you.

Matthew Jay

Camp Director, Camp Rotary

Update - May 8

Camp Families;

After much consultation & discussion, we have confirmed we will not be able to safely provide a camping experience of our Adult Venture Camp I and II. We feel that, given the situation we will not be able to have camp ready to accommodate those campers. We are deeply saddened by this, but know it is in the best interest of the campers and staff. We are exploring other options for those campers as they are incredibly important to us year-round. More information on the next steps for those campers and their families will be sent in the coming weeks.

Adult Venture Camp I: June 11-17 - Cancelled

Adult Venture Camp II: June 21-27 - Cancelled

Given the current situation, we understand some families may want to withdraw their registrations: this can be done though the Easter Seals NB office. If you are looking to cancel registration, we ask that you consider donating a portion back to Camp Rotary so that we can continue improvements to the site and facility during the 2020 year for our camps in 2021.

Although these June camps are closed for the season, we are working with various agencies such as the Department of Health, our insurance providers, along with our board of directors to determine what camp would look like for the remainder of the 2020 season.

We are aware there are risks in opening in regards to COVID-19 in relation to camp. We are continuing to the best of our abilities with preparations for camp, keeping in mind first and foremost the importance of heath and safety for all campers and staff. There is still lots of work to be done and we eagerly await more insight and guidelines from the provincial government as we are all learning to live with COVID-19.

Camp is a special place and we want everyone to attend, but due to the current pandemic this may not be the time. We encourage families to evaluate the current health status of their camper and make a decision that they feel is in their best interest.

We would also once again like to thank all those working around the clock within hospitals, grocery stores, government agencies and countless others who are helping to ensure we get back to whatever the new normal may be.

Yours in camping

Matthew Jay

Camp Director, Camp Rotary

Update - April 3

Good morning,

We know these are uncertain times. On May 8th, we will be making a decision in regards to our June camps. Our goal is to be at camp this summer.

We will keep our camp families, staff and community members up to date.

We hope to see you this summer!

Matthew “Panel” Camp Director


We know these are confusing times and we want to ensure all our camp families are up to date with our decisions.

As of today March 17th, Camp Rotary will remain open for the summer provided there is no major changes due the current Covid-19 Pandemic.

Should you register and we close camp you will be fully reimbursed. Any families already registered are able to withdraw at this time without penalty. Should the situation change we will notify all families. We thank you for your support and desire to return to camp.

Our office at Easter Seals NB has been reduced to a limited staff but you are still able to contact us.

We would also like to extend our gratitude to all those working in the Medical & Emergency Industries as they work towards helping everyone in this current time.

Stay safe everyone and we hope to see you this summer.